Position vacant- Treasurer
Sadly our Treasurer Lisa has decided to step down from her role due to her work commitments. We are now looking for someone to take on this voluntary position as soon as possible.
Principal duties & responsibilities
- Manage Samford RDA bank accounts;
- Maintain an up to date record of all financial transactions (Excel spreadsheets);
- Pay incoming invoices; and issue invoices and receipts (MYOB system);
- Assist with acquittal reports for grants and other funds;
- Submit the financial records for annual review by the accountant designated at the Annual General Meeting;
- Liaise with the Secretary to maintain a record of all financial documents;
- Provide a financial report at each Committee Meeting (in person where possible) & at the Annual General Meeting (in accordance with the requirements of the Associations Incorporations Act, Qld, 1981).
Suitable experience, attributes and skills:
- Basic bookkeeping skills (reconciliation, balance sheets, profit and loss);
- Experience with MYOB/ Microsoft Excel (or similar systems);
- Experience in writing financial reports and preparing budgets;
- Well organised;
- Sound written & verbal communication skills;
- Trustworthy, reliable, and autonomous;
- Will require a National Police Check and Blue Card.
If you feel you can contribute to Samford RDA by taking on this very important role, or know someone who does, please let us know, and we can supply further information.
Email Jane on email@example.com to request the position description.