Samford RDA had its AGM last night and it was noted that together we have achieved a great many things in 2019, including:
- We expanded our program by offering lessons on a Tuesday evening and offering a horsemanship class on a Saturday afternoon;
- We were able to achieve a total renovation of our arena surface including the re-laying of the entire substrate and installation of new fencing;
- We were able to purchase a Polaris to assist us in the efficient maintenance and care of the new arena surface, paddocks and horses;
- We have purchased a feed bin storage system which has provided us with easy access and storage of feeds and supplements and has been of great help to our volunteers;
- With the assistance of the Samford Progress Association we have been able to purchase some new equipment for the centre including the two Christ sheepskin saddles and coach communication device and the purchase of two horses Misty and Paddington Bear;
- We congratulated Marina on the successful completion of her coach assistant competency and wish her all the best as she trains towards the centre coach level;
- Congratulations must also go to Mel, who has been appointed by RDAQ as the State Coaching coordinator for 2020;
- We were proudly represented by two riders at the RDAQ State Championships this year and that could not have been possible without the support of both coaches and volunteers - so thank you to all who were involved and contributed to their success;
- We acknowledged the incredible efforts of our fundraising committee this year. We had some big events in 2019 including the very successful trivia night; and
- We thank retiring Vice-President Jo Cawthera who has moved on after years of being involved in Samford RDA and also thank you to Lisa Ford who held the position of Treasurer for most of 2019 before stepping down due to work commitments.
- Sadly we lost our long time team member Bobby to a paddock accident this year, it was sudden and unexpected and he will be missed. We must also recognise the contributions of our retired horses Solo and Connie who we also farewelled this year.
And most importantly, we cannot thank all of our volunteers, supporters and donors enough. Please know that all of your contributions to this centre are greatly appreciated and play an enormous role in the success of our Samford RDA family.